Men’s Big Bend Trip 2019
Men, join us for our annual camping trip to Big Bend National Park. October 24th through the 26th, we’ll be camping, hiking, and adventuring in the spectacular mountains of West Texas!
This is going to be an awesome time for us to step away from our routines, step into the wilderness, disconnect from all that chips away at your soul, connect with Jesus, and connect with other men who are pressing into a warrior life.
Cost is just $89 and includes your transportation from Grace Community Church to Big Bend and back, gas, and park entrance fees. Here is some additional important information:
Each guy will need to bring his own food and water. Plan on carrying in at least one gallon of water a day (water weighs approximately 8 lbs. per gallon).
- Bring a backpacking stove if you plan to cook; ground fires or wood fires are not permitted anywhere in the park.
- All your own food-breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks.
- A sturdy, lightweight tent and sleeping bag/sleeping pad
- Sturdy hiking boots; trails are steep, rugged, and rocky
- Appropriate clothing and sun protection (sunscreen, hat, sunglasses)
- First aid kit that includes tweezers for cactus spines
- A good, dependable flashlight
A good, comprehensive backpacking list can be found here.
Plan on joining us for this awesome trip. This is going to be a refreshing time for the guys to get away from the daily grind and have some fun!